- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 flounder or plaice, filleted
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- handful panko Japanese breadcrumbs
For the spiced mayonnaise
- 300 ml mayonnaise, preferably home-made
- 3 sprigs spring onions, finely sliced
- 2-3 tinned anchovies, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- handful watercress
- lemon wedges
1. In a deep fat fryer or saucepan heat the oil until hot.
2. Coat the fish fillets in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
3. Place the fish carefully in the oil, laying it away from you to prevent splashing. Deep fry until golden this should take about 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
4. Drain the fish on kitchen towel.
5. For the spiced mayonnaise, mix all the mayonnaise ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
6. Serve the fish on a bed of watercress with a dollop of the spicy mayonnaise and a lemon wedge.
Rate This Recipe