- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the strawberry sauce
- 3 handfuls strawberries, chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the goat's cheese
- 4 thick slices goats' cheese, 100g each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the courgette sticks
- 2 courgettes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp flour
- 100 ml beer
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. For the strawberry sauce, cook the strawberries with the water and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over a medium heat for about 3 minutes. Allow to cool and set aside.
2. For the courgette sticks, preheat a deep fat fryer or a large saucepan half-filled with vegetable oil.
3. Combine the eggs, flour, beer and seasoning and stir until it becomes the consistency of double cream. Dip the courgette sticks into the batter and deep fry until golden and crisp, for about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent paper.
4. For the goats' cheese, preheat the grill. Drizzle with olive oil and grill for about 6-7 minutes, until bubbling.
5. To serve, put a dollop of strawberry sauce in the centre of a plate and place a slice of goat cheese on top. Serve straight away with the deep-fried courgettes.
Rate This Recipe