- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 even-sized leeks
- olive oil, for brushing
- 115 g Japanese/dried breadcrumbs
- 1 Tymsboro' goats' cheese, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50 ml milk
- 200 g plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the raspberry vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- black pepper
- 55 g fresh raspberries, crushed
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add in the leeks and boil for 10 minutes; drain.
2. Brush the leeks with olive oil. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Grill the leeks on the griddle pan until marked on both sides.
3. Dip each cheese wedge in the beaten egg, milk, flour and Japanese breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Add in the coated cheese wedges and fry until golden-brown on all sides.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Meanwhile, make the raspberry vinaigrette. Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sugar, yolk, salt and freshly ground pepper, blending thoroughly. Mix in the crushed raspberries.
7. Place the griddled leeks on two serving dishes and drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette.
8. Serve the deep-fried goats' cheese with the griddled leek, reserving the remaining vinaigrette for other dishes.
Rate This Recipe