- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 200 g gram flour
- 100 ml milk
- leaves rosemary
- oil, for frying
- selection lime leaves, elderflower stems etc
1. Mix together the gram flour and milk to make a loose, thin batter. Add a few rosemary leaves and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
3. Hold the leaf/flower by the stem (for thin leaves such as lime leaves place 2 or 3 together) and dunk them into the hot fat. Leave for a few seconds (for some leaves you may need to turn them) until golden. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Rate This Recipe