- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: medium
- 6 oysters, shelled
- 100 g seasoned flour
- 4 eggs, whisked with a drop of milk
- 150 g panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- mixed oriental salad leaves, (shiso, coriander cress, alfialfa sprouts), to serve
For the sauce:
- 500 ml soy sauce
- 250 ml mirin
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 10 coriander leaves, thinly sliced
1. First make the sauce. Place the soy sauce, mirin and white wine in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced by half.
2. Pour the reduced sauce into a bowl. Add in the mango, cucumber, chives, mint and coriander. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
3. Coat the oysters in seasoned flour, then beaten egg then Japanese breadcrumbs.
4. Rest the coated oysters in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a deep fat-fryer (preheating the oil to 180°C).
6. Add the oysters to the hot oil and deep-fry for 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove the oysters and drain them well on kitchen paper.
7. Place the salad leaves on a serving plate and top with the deep-fried oysters. Drizzle a little of the sauce over the oysters and serve at once with the remaining sauce on the side.
Rate This Recipe