- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 tbsp self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 pint stout, plus more to serve
- vegetable oil, for deep fat frying
- 20-24 oysters, retain all the shells
1. Whisk together the flour and stout in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep heavy-bottomed saucepan to about 180C/350F. Take care as hot oil can be dangerous do not leave unattended.
3. Dust the oysters with flour and dip each oyster in the batter. Fry in batches until golden-brown and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Serve the oysters at once in their half shells with a glass of stout
Rate This Recipe