- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- vegetable or corn oil, for deep frying
- 4 quail's eggs, boiled for 2 minutes and peeled
- 1 red chilli, (ideally Thai) finely diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- half tsp black pepper
- grated zest and juice of half limes
- flat leaf parsley, to decorate
1. Heat the oil for deep frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Fry the quails' eggs until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, lime zest and juice, mixing thoroughly.
3. Place each quails' egg in a Chinese soup spoon and coat with the chilli sauce. Serve.
Rate This Recipe