- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the haddock
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinches salt
- 100 ml beer
- 100 ml sparkling water, ice-cold
- 2 smoked haddock fillets, (150g each)
- 0.5 limes, cut into wedges
For the salad
- 1 cucumber, cut in half lenthways
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 limes, juices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handfuls fresh mint, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
1. Scoop the seeds from the cucumber with a dessert spoon and discard. Slice the cucumber into little half-moons.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the lime juice and whisk in the olive oil and mint.
3. Season the cucumber with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper, and spoon over the dressing and toss together.
4. To prepare the fish, mix the flours with the curry powder and salt, pour in the beer and gradually whisk in the mineral water until the batter is a coating consistency.
5. Dip the smoked haddock into the mixture and deep fry in hot oil for 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden.
6. Serve with the salad and lime wedges on the side.
Rate This Recipe