- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes 40 mins plus marinating
- Effort: medium
- 4 sole fillets
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying, plus 2 tbsp for stir-frying
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3-4 heads pak choi, sliced
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
For the coating:
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- squeeze of lemon juice
For the chilli mayonnaise:
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Mix all the coating ingredients together in one bowl. Add the fish fillets and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. In a wok, heat the oil for deep-frying until very hot. Dip the fish fillets in enough cornflour to coat. Place in the wok and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper towel.
3. In a clean wok, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and pak choi. Stir-fry for 30 seconds until wilted, then add the carrot. Stir-fry for another minute, then remove with a perforated spoon.
4. Arrange the pak choi and carrots in the middle of individual serving plates. Place the fish on top and drizzle round mayonnaise.
Rate This Recipe