- Serves: Makes around 8 dumplings
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 coriander roots, scraped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cm ginger, scraped
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 200 g fresh trout fillets, skinned and minced
- 3 lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 steamed salted ducks' eggs or hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the dipping sauce:
- fish sauce
- chillies, chopped
1. Pound together the coriander roots, garlic, ginger, sugar and pepper in a pestle and mortar forming a smooth paste.
2. Mix together the coriander root paste and minced trout in a bowl. Mix in the shredded lime leaves.
3. Shape the trout paste around the quartered eggs.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Fry the trout dumplings until golden-brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Mix together the nam pla and chilli and serve as a dipping sauce with the freshly fried fish dumplings.
Rate This Recipe