- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 4 slices bread
- 6 lamb's kidneys, halved, fat removed
- pinch hot paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 25 ml whiskey
- 100 ml double cream
- handful parsley, chopped
1. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan, toast the slices of bread both sides until brown, remove and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the kidneys and a splash of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the paprika and mustard and stir. Fry for a minute until the kidneys are coloured on all sides.
3. Add the whisky and flambé for 30 seconds. Add the cream and simmer until you have a sauce with a consistency that coats the kidneys well. Add the parsley, taste and add seasoning if necessary.
4. Put the toast on warm serving plates and spoon the kidneys in their sauce over the top.
Rate This Recipe