- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g minced lamb
- half tsp ground turmeric
- half tsp ground cinnamon
- black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 100g cooked basmati rice
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 6 peppers, (red or green)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened and fragrant.
2. Add the meat, mixing well. Sprinkle over the turmeric and cinnamon. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix well and fry until the meat is browned on all sides.
3. Mix in the diced tomatoes, cooked rice, tomato puree and parsley. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
4. Slice the top off each of the peppers and reserve them for use as lids. De-seed each pepper. Stuff each pepper with the mince mixture. Top each pepper with a reserved pepper lid.
5. Place the peppers in a baking tray. Pour over 300ml of hot water.
6. Bake the peppers in the oven for 1 hour until tender, basting now and then. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe