- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 eggs
- 30 g British cheddar cheese
- 15 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- black pepper
- 85 g cream cheese
- a knob of butter
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the cheese and Parmesan, half the chives, and some salt and freshly ground pepper. Beat the cream cheese with the remaining chives.
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a fairly high heat and add the butter. Let it melt and heat through thoroughly. Give the egg mixture one last stir and pour into the pan.
3. Swirl around to coat the base evenly then allow the omelette's edges to set. Loosen the edges with a fish slice or palette knife and lift the edges up here and there, letting the runny egg flow down.
4. Repeat this process until the omelette is cooked, with just a film of moist egg remaining on the surface.
5. Remove the omelette in its frying pan from direct heat. Spoon the cream cheese down the centre and fold the omelette over the cream cheese filling.
6. Transfer the omelette to a warm serving plate, slice in half and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe