- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 150 g portions smoked haddock, skin on
- 450 ml milk
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 4 tbsp double cream
For the buttered spinach
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 25 g butter
1. In a large shallow pan, poach the haddock in the milk over a gentle heat for five minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to hot.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the cheeses, mustard and cream in a small bowl.
4. Drain the fish and transfer to a baking tray. Top with the cheese mixture and grill until golden-brown and bubbling.
5. For the buttered spinach: fry the spinach with the butter over a medium-low heat until wilted. Drain.
6. Serve the fish arranged on top of the spinach.
Made with produce from Fencebay - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe