- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling, plus 3 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids chopped
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 medium red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 250 ml double or whipping cream, softly whipped
- sifted cocoa powder
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe contains raw or lightly cooked egg. Raw or lightly cooked egg should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning
1. Place the dark and white chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
2. Once melted, set aside to cool.
3. In a whisking bowl, using a whisk or electric beater, beat together the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, around 5 minutes.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold the melted chocolate into the beaten egg mixture.
5. Fold in the rum and chilli, then carefully fold in the whipped cream.
6. Divide the chocolate mousse mixture among 4 separate serving bowls.
7. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours until set.
8. Just before serving, dust with sifted cocoa powder.
Rate This Recipe