- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus one hr resting for pastry
- Effort: easy
For the mint mascarpone
- 60 g mascarpone
- 4 mint leaves, shredded
For the pastry
- 300 g unsalted butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 200 g cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
For the filling
- 200 g butter
- 300 g best quality dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 g sugar
1. For the pastry, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and light. Beat in the eggs.
2. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder and draw the mixture together to make a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.
4. Roll the pastry out to fit a 23cm tart tin. Cover the pastry with baking parchment, scatter over enough baking beans to fill the tart, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. For the filling, melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
6. In a separate bowl over another pan of simmering water, whisk the eggs and sugar together until they leave a ribbon trail in the mixture when the whisk is lifted.
7. Cool the chocolate slightly and fold it gently into the egg mixture.
8. Remove the baking beans from the pastry case and pour the filling into the case.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/gas 2 and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
10. To make the mint mascarpone, beat the mascarpone in a bowl with the mint leaves.
11. Serve the tart in slices, with the mint mascarpone.
Rate This Recipe