- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling, plus overnight chilling
- Effort: medium
- 500 ml olive oil
- 6 clove garlic, chopped and crushed
- 1/2 melon, sliced, for serving
- 6 slices of Parma ham, for serving
For the dough:
- 1 tbsp salt
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 50 ml olive oil
- 20 g yeast
- 300 ml water
Tips and Suggestions
The dough can be frozen for later use. It must, however, be wrapped in clingfilm. When removing from the freezer, leave to thaw overnight and then leave to rise again.
1. First make the dough. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and water into a large bowl and mix with your hands to bind together.
2. When a dough has formed, tip it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
3. Return the dough to the washed and dried bowl and leave to rise.
4. Shape the dough into little balls, weighing around 20-30g each.
5. Gently heat together the olive oil and the garlic in a pan. Set aside to cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
7. Brush the dough balls generously with the garlic olive oil.
8. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until risen and firm.
9. Brush again with garlic oil and serve with the melon and Parma ham.
Rate This Recipe