- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- flour, for dusting
- 1 dover sole, weighing about 450g
- 5baby new potatoes
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 40 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 40 g butter
- 1 lemon, halved
- chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
2. Lightly flour the Dover sole and place in a non-stick frying pan set over medium heat. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a small ovenproof dish and place in the preheated oven.
4. When one side of the fish is cooked, turn it over and cook the other side.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the balsamic vinegar and put the dish back in the oven.
7. Add a knob of butter to the fish pan and allow to sizzle. Spoon the juices over the fish. Transfer the fish to a warmed serving plate.
8. Pour the excess fat from pan and return it to the heat. Add the almonds and remaining butter. Once the butter is sizzling, squeeze in the juice from one of the lemon halves. Remove the pan from heat and spoon the contents of the pan over the fish.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with the remaining lemon. Serve with the potatoes.
Rate This Recipe