- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 large potatoes, weighing around 600g
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp sprig thyme
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Peel the potatoes and finely slice crosswise. Toss the slices in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Lightly oil a baking tray and scatter the potatoes loosely over the base. Pour over the white wine and scatter with the thyme sprigs.
4. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes until the wine has evaporated and the potatoes become crisp and golden. Keep an eye on them during the last few minutes when they can crisp quite quickly.
5. Serve hot from the oven.
Rate This Recipe