- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 75 ml light olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pomegranate powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- small piece of cassia bark
- 350 g unsalted mixed nuts, shelled
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Don't substitute frozen coriander for fresh coriander or the nuts will go soggy.
1. Place the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and add the cumin seeds. Fry gently on a very low heat for a few seconds.
2. Add the garam masala, cloves, salt, pomegranate seed powder, chilli powder and cassia and fry very gently for 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spatula.
3. Add in the mixed nuts, coating well, and fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Pour into a serving dish, garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe