- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 20 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
For the coffee rub
- 2 tbsp ground coffee
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
For the chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- yoghurt mixed with harissa, to taste
- coriander, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
This recipe will make more coffee rub than needed. Store any leftover coffee rub in an airtight container at room temperature.
1. For the coffee rub: combine all of the rub ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
3. For the chicken: score the chicken thighs with a sharp knife, about 2-3 cuts in each piece. Rub the coffee spice mix over the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes, or overnight in the fridge if possible.
4. Arrange the carrots and onions in the bottom of a roasting pan. Set the chicken on top of vegetables. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden-brown and cooked through. Baste occasionally with the pan juices. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for five minutes before serving.
5. Serve the chicken with some of the carrots and onions, with dollops of harissa yogurt. Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander.
Rate This Recipe