- Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 2 1/2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 Thai shallots, peeled
- 6 coriander roots
- 4 dried chillies
- 13 slices galangal
- 3 lime leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 3 large raw head-on prawns, peeled
- 100 g oyster or straw mushrooms
- lime juice
- fish sauce
- 5 red bird's eye chillies
- coriander leaves
- 3 lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 shallots, sliced and deep-fried
1. Bring the chicken stock, coconut milk and coconut cream to the boil in a large pan. Season with salt and the palm sugar.
2. Bruise the lemon grass, shallots, coriander roots and chillies in a pestle and mortar and add to the stock with the galangal and lime leaves. Leave to simmer very gently for 2 hours.
3. Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds, then peel them and add to the soup together with the prawns and mushrooms and cook through. Season with lime juice and fish sauce.
4. Garnish with extra chillies, coriander leaves, shredded lime leaves and deep-fried shallots.
Rate This Recipe