- Serves: Makes 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 duck eggs
- 100 g quality black pudding
- 10 g butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 40 g demerara sugar
- 25 g picked thyme
- 15 g celery salt
- 150 g quality pork sausage meat
- 100 g flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 g Japanese panko crumbs
1. Boil the duck eggs in salted water for 4.5 - 5 minutes, then place in cold running water to cool. Once cooled, peel and set aside until needed.
2. Using a kitchen aid beat the black pudding for 1 minute until it has broken down.
3. Heat a medium non stick frying pan, add butter and shallots and fry. Once you have a little colour add the apple and cook for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds so it doesnt catch.
4. Add the sugar and when it gets to caramel stage add the thyme leaves and pour slowly into black pudding and beat on kitchen aid on low speed for 2 minutes, then add the sausage meat, salt and then cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Using hygienic gloves wrap the meat and around your duck eggs and chill again for 10 mins.
6. Roll in seasoned flour, then the egg and then the panko breadcrumbs.
7. Deep fry in rapeseed oil at 175C for 3 mins or until they go a fabulous golden brown and place on kitchen paper.
8. Serve with mayonnaise if desired.
Rate This Recipe