- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 small parsnips
- 3 duck breast, skin removed
- 125 g watercress, rocket and spinach
- 12 pitted prunes, quartered
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 pinches sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp orange juice
1. Peel and quarter the parsnips, cutting out the core if it seems woody or tough. Place them in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to dry on kitchen paper.
2. Heat a griddle pan on a medium hob. Season the duck with salt and pepper. Cook the duck breasts for 2-3 minutes each side.
3. Heat a little olive oil in the griddle pan, add the parsnips and toss them in the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they are cooked through and charred.
4. Place the salad leaves on a large plate or individual plates. Slice the duck neatly at an angle and place on top, with the parsnips. Scatter over the prunes and orange segments.
5. Place all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe