- Serves: 2 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100 g cashew nuts, finely ground
- small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 orange
- 1x 200g duck breast
For the salad
- 400 g watermelon, peeled, cubed
- bunches watercress
- sprigs coriander
- wedges of limes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. First make the dressing: place the soy sauce, lime juice, chilli, sesame oil, ground nuts and coriander in a bowl. Combine everything with a small whisk.
2. Peel the orange and cut out the segments, reserving any juice. Add them to the dressing.
3. Heat a sturdy, ovenproof frying pan over a moderate heat until very hot - don't add any oil. Fry the duck breast for 2 minutes, skin side down. Turn the breast over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the duck for 5 minutes. Remove and leave on one side to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Thinly slice the duck and stir into the dressing.
6. For the salad, combine the watermelon with the watercress and mix with the duck and dressing. Spoon the salad onto 2 large plates and serve garnished with sprigs coriander sprigs and lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe