- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 duck breast
- 1 heads pak choi, chopped in half
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 small dried chilli
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
1. Trim the duck breast and score the skin. Season with salt and put it skin side down in a cold frying pan. Bring up to a medium heat. After 5 minutes (or when skin is golden brown) turn and cook for another 5 minutes. Rest until ready to serve.
2. Meanwhile cook the white parts of the pak choi in salted boiling water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes before adding the leaves. Drain after another 30 seconds, reserving the cooking liquid.
3. Grind the fenugreek seeds and chilli to a powder using a pestle and mortar. Drain the fat from the duck pan and add the spice powder. Heat until it gives off a toasty aroma. Stir in the honey, soy sauce and a couple of tablespoons of the pak choi water to make a sauce.
4. Arrange the pak choi on a plate, slice the duck diagonally and sit on top of the pak choi. Spoon over the sauce and serve.
Rate This Recipe