- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 duck breast, (or 1 large breast)
- 2 parsnips, diced, blanched
- 6baby carrots, blanched
- 2 heads purple sprouting broccoli, stalks peeled and leaves removed, blanched
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 heads radicchio, (radicchio trevisano if available)
1. Diagonally score the fat of the duck, season and put skin-side down in a cold pan. Place over a low heat and fry until the fat turns golden brown. Turn and fry on the other side for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to rest while you get on with the vegetables.
2. Pour some of the excess fat from the duck into another pan and add the parsnips. Fry for a minute, then add the carrots and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli, thyme and garlic, give it a good stir, and fry for a few more minutes.
4. When the vegetables are tender, pour in the red wine vinegar and honey. Add the radicchio right at the end and cook for 1 minute.
5. Slice the duck breasts. Spoon the vegetables in the centre of two plates and arrange the duck on top.
Rate This Recipe