- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 skin-on duck breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 white peaches
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- a little sweet white wine
- black pepper
- jus gras, to serve
- red mustard leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Season the duck breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat an ovenproof heavy-based frying pan, and add the olive oil. When hot, put the duck breasts in the pan, skin side down. Fry over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until the breasts begin to brown.
4. Put the pan in the preheated oven for 6-7 minutes, to let the breasts finish cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to rest.
5. Halve the peaches, then cut each half lengthways into three segments.
6. Heat the butter and sugar together in a small heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir until the mixture starts to caramelise.
7. Add the peach segments. Cook for 5 minutes, turning them carefully so that they keep their shape. Add a splash of wine, and bubble until slightly reduced.
8. Heat your jus gras in a small saucepan and add a little more sweet wine. Simmer for a minute then pour into a warm jug.
9. Carve the duck breasts. Arrange a bed of mustard leaves on individual serving plates. Place the duck slices on top with the peaches. Serve with the jus gras.
Rate This Recipe