- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 duck breast, skin removed
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs, chopped
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml extra virgin rosemary-flavoured olive oil
- 1 head of radicchio, (radicchio trevisano if available) trimmed and halved lengthways
- salt, and freshly ground pink peppercorns
1. Season the duck breast with salt and pink pepper. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, sear the duck breast for 30 seconds on each side. Transfer the duck to a shallow dish.
2. Whisk the vinegar and the rosemary-flavoured olive oil with the herbs. Pour over the duck and leave to marinate for 4 hours.
3. Remove the duck from the marinade and slice very thinly.
4. Brush the radicchio with some of the oil and season with salt and pink pepper.
5. Preheat a small frying pan over high heat and fry the radicchio for 1 minute on each side until beginning to colour.
6. Arrange the radicchio on a serving plate with the sliced duck on top. Finish with a light drizzle of the marinade jus.
Rate This Recipe