- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 goose fat
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 slices sourdough
- wild mushroom mixture
- shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- chervil, or other herb of choice
- 4 duck eggs
1. Infuse the goose fat with the thyme and garlic by warming in a pan and adding the thyme and two cloves of garlic - this is best done the day before but 5-10 minutes will do.
2. Salt the bread and put it in the pan with a little duck fat. Fry on both sides until golden, and keep warm.
3. Fry the mushrooms in a little goose fat for a couple of minutes until they start to colour, then add some salt, shallots and a clove of garlic.
4. Continue to cook on a high heat until they are soft and sweet, season to taste and add the cider vinegar. Add some chopped chervil and divide them equally on the toast.
5. Fry the duck eggs in some more goose fat, season with salt and pepper and put on top of the toast and mushrooms.
Rate This Recipe