- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 duck eggs
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp boiled mashed Maris Piper potatoes
- g avruga caviar
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- pinch of celery salt
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 slices white bread
1. Boil the duck eggs for three minutes.
2. Remove and place in iced water.
3. Once cooled, carefully slice a 'lid' off each duck egg, scoop out contents and place in a food processor, reserving the egg shells.
4. Add the crème fraiche, mashed potato and the double cream. Process until thoroughly blended.
5. Fold in the chives, celery salt, shallot and a teaspoon of the avruga caviar.
6. Place the egg mixture in a small piping bag with a small nozzle and fill each duck shell with the mixture.
7. Grill the bread until golden brown on both sides. Slice each piece of bread across, forming four even-sized, thin squares and trim off the crusts.
8. Grill the thin bread squares until they curl up, forming Melba toasts.
9. Top the filled duck eggs with the remaining caviar, garnish with chervil and serve with Melba toast.
Rate This Recipe