- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g duck hearts
- 150 g duck livers
- olive oil, for frying
- splashes red wine vinegar
- 1 cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
- 2 knobs of butter
- handfuls of parsley, torn
- mixed salad leaves
- 100 ml stock
1. Fry the duck hearts and livers in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add a splash of red wine vinegar to the pan and the beetroot. Fry for a couple of minutes, ensuring the hearts and livers are cooked through.
3. Add a knob of butter and some torn parsley to the pan and stir through. Remove from the heat.
4. Put the salad leaves on a plate and spoon the hearts, livers and beetroot on top. Keep the cooking juices in the pan.
5. Add a splash more red wine vinegar to the pan along with the stock and another knob of butter. Cook, scraping up any sticky bits from the bottom. Bubble and reduce a little.
6. Drizzle the hot red wine vinegar sauce over the salad and serve with a garnish of parsley.
Rate This Recipe