- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 aged duck, (2-years-old)
- 5 pieces ginseng, cut into thirds
- 25 g dried day-lily bulbs
- 2 nuggets ginger, sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and halved lengthways
- pinches salt
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Cut the duck into pieces and blanch in a pot of boiling water. Remove the duck and discard the water.
2. Refill the pot with two litres of cold water and add the duck, along with the ginseng, lily bulb and ginger. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat a simmer for two hours and 30 minutes.
3. In the last ten minutes of cooking, add the whole spring onions and season, to taste, with a pinch of salt and the sugar. Ladle into small Chinese soup bowls to serve.
Rate This Recipe