- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 potatoes
- 1 duck, cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 175 g chorizo, diced
- 4 white turnips, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 16 pitted olives
- 25 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1cm slices and tip into a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine everything together.
3. Season the duck with salt and pepper and put on top of the potatoes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the duck from the tray and set aside. Scatter the chorizo, turnips, garlic and shallots over the potatoes; toss to combine and season to taste.
5. Replace the duck in the tray and scatter with olives before returning to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
6. Transfer the duck to a clean tray and turn the oven up to 220C/gas 7. Return the duck to the oven and cook until the skin is crisp - about 10 minutes.
7. Tip the potato mixture into a colander and keep warm.
8. Pour away any excess fat from the roasting tin and place the tray over a medium flame. Pour in the wine and stock and cook until reduced by half.
9. Strain the sauce into a pan, season and add the chopped parsley.
10. Carve the duck into joints.
11. To serve, divide the potato mixture between 4 plates and top with the duck. Drizzle with the wine sauce before bringing to the table.
Rate This Recipe