- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the sauce
- 250 g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2.5 cm ginger, grated
- pinches nutmeg
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 300 ml white wine vinegar
- 600 g peaches, stoned and chopped
- 400 g cherries, pitted
- 1 apple
- 125 g blanched flaked almonds
For the duck
- 2 duck breast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. To make the sauce, combine the tomatoes, chilli flakes, onion, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, pepper and vinegar in a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add the fruit and cook for a further 10 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the almonds.
4. Score the skin of the duck several times and place skin-side down in a frying pan. Turn on the heat and cook for 8-10 minutes. Pour off any excess fat and reserve to use for cooking roast potatoes. Flip the breasts over and cook briefly to seal; transfer to the oven and roast for 8 minutes.
5. Slice the duck and serve straight away with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe