- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 10-12 mins 'poaching'
- Effort: easy
- 100 g salmon
- olive oil, for poaching
- 175 g smoked salmon, cut into short, fine strips
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 4 small gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- black pepper
- 1 quail's egg, soft-boiled
- salmon eggs
1. Place the salmon fillet in a cold saucepan and add enough olive oil to cover it.
2. Bring up the heat and warm through, then turn off the heat and leave to poach for about 10 to 12 minutes then drain off the oil.
3. Put the smoked salmon, capers, gherkins, lemon juice, vodka, crème fraiche in a bowl and mix together. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. To serve, place a small ring mould in the middle of a serving plate and fill with the smoked salmon mixture.
5. Remove the ring and top with the poached salmon fillet. Add a soft-boiled quail's egg, garnish with salmon eggs and chives and serve.
Rate This Recipe