- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 and a half tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 and a half tbsp black peppercorns
- half tbsp coarse sea salt
- 30 g toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat a small, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and add the sesame seeds. Shake gently until they turn a shade darker and give out a nutty smell. Tip them into a bowl.
2. Repeat this process with the coriander and cumin seeds. Allow them cool and crisp up for a few minutes.
3. Place the sesame seeds, coriander, cumin, peppercorns and salt in a clean coffee grinder and grind finely.
4. Finely chop the hazelnuts in the grinder, taking care not to over-blend them into a paste.
5. Mix the finely chopped hazelnuts with the sesame seed mixture and the cinnamon. Store in an airtight container until needed.
Rate This Recipe