- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs setting time
- Effort: easy
For the chocolate mousse
- 7 egg whites
- 55 g caster sugar
- 2 sheets leaf gelatine, soaked in a little cold water
- 1 tbsp rum
- 50 ml whipping cream
- 190 g dark chocolate, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Milky Way chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 packets Dweebs and Nerds, small hard coated sweets
For the screwball cones
- 6 chocolate
- 6 bubblegum balls
- 300 ml soft scoop vanilla ice cream
- 4 tbsp raspberry coulis
- 1 tbsp hundreds and thousands
1. Line 6 metal rings with cling film
2. Whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks and then gradually beat in the caster sugar.
3. Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine leaves and place in a pan with the rum and cream. Heat very gently until warm and the gelatine has dissolved.
4. Add the gelatine mixture to the melted chocolate and egg yolks and mix well.
5. Fold gently into the meringue mixture with the chopped Milky Way bars.
6. Scatter some Dweebs and Nerds in the base of each metal ring.
7. Spoon over the chocolate mousse and leave to set for 2 hours.
8. To make the screwballs; place a bubblegum ball in the base of each cone. Add the ice cream, coulis, flake and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands.
9. To serve; unmould the mousses onto serving plates and serve with the screwball cones.
Rate This Recipe