- Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 325 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200 g salted butter, chilled and chopped
- 125 g soft brown sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 egg yolks
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and butter a baking sheet.
2. Using a food processor, whizz the flour and butter to breadcrumbs then add the sugar, lemon zest and egg yolks and process to make a dough.
3. Roll the dough out onto a floured work surface until it is 5mm thick and cut out using an oval-shaped cookie cutter. Using a sharp knife, cut a zig-zag near the top and split into two biscuits to create the broken egg effect.
4. Transfer onto the baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
5. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate.
Rate This Recipe