- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g plain flour
- 175 g margarine, such as Stork
- 115 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 24 silver balls
- pink icing, (see Cooks Tip)
Tips and Suggestions
You can buy decorative icing from the shops or make your own by mix icing sugar with a drop of pink food colouring, adding enough water or lemon juice to make a paste and then using baking paper to make a piping bag.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, add the beaten egg yolk and knead to a smooth dough.
3. Roll out the mixture and cut into bunny shapes with a cutter or into 7.5cm rounds with a fluted cutter.
4. Place on a greased baking sheets and bake for about 25 minutes until pale golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. To decorate: pipe the pink icing onto the biscuits to make noses and mouths.
Recipe and image supplied by Stork
Rate This Recipe