- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 170 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 60 g light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 110 g pecans, chopped in very large pieces
- 1x450g packet puff pastry
For the filling
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 120 g light brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place a 12-cup muffin tin on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Combine the butter and brown sugar either by hand or in a mixer. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
3. For the filling: lightly flour a wooden board or worksurface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle with the long side nearest to you. Brush the whole sheet with half of the melted butter. Leaving a 2cm border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with half the brown sugar, half the cinnamon and half the raisins.
4. Starting with the end nearest to you, roll the pastry up snugly like a Swiss roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1 cm and discard. Slice the roll into 6 equal pieces, each about 3.5cm wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon), and allow to cool completely.
For more Barefoot Contessa recipes check out Ina Garten's book - The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
Rate This Recipe