- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the burgers
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 stick celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 x 400 g tinned kidney beans, drained and washedsliced
- 150 g cooked brown rice
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- deep-fried shredded carrots
For the green onion oil
- 1 bunches spring onions
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
1. Heat half the oil in a frying pan, and add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic and leek - fry gently until softened.
2. Add the kidney beans and rice and mash everything gently together.
3. Add the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave to cool before shaping into patties.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side until hot and golden.
5. To make the green onion oil, quickly blanch spring onions in hot water and rinse in iced water.
6. Squeeze out the water from the spring onions, tip them into a blender and add the olive oil.
7. Add the ginger juice, season with salt, and blend before straining through a fine sieve.
8. Place two patties in the centre of each plate, top with deep- fried shreds of carrot, and drizzle with spring onion oil.
Rate This Recipe