- Serves: Makes 8 kebabs
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1x medium eel, skinned and gutted
- 225 g piece bacon or gammon steaks, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 20 small shallots
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp choppedfresh thyme
- 55 g butter
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- squeeze of lemon juice
- lemon wedges
1. Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
2. Cut the eel into 5cm pieces and set aside.
3. Blanch the bacon and shallots in boiling water in a pan for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
4. Place the eel, bacon, mushrooms and onions (distributing evenly) on 8 bamboo skewers
5. Brush the kebabs with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme and season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange the kebabs on a baking tray and place on the second shelf of the grill. Grill for 3 minutes, then turn the kebabs and continue to grill until the eel is cooked and the vegetables are beginning to colour.
7. Melt the butter over a low heat and add the parsley.
8. To serve: remove the kebabs from the grill, pour over the butter and squeeze lemon juice over the top. Serve with rocket and garnish with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe