- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- dash sesame oil
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 sheets nori seaweed, shredded
- 100 g fresh silken tofu, sliced into 1.5 x 1.5cm chunks
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
1. Blanch the tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for less than 1 minute, then drain. Finely chop the flesh, discarding the hard centres.
2. Add the tomatoes along with the hot stock in a clean pan. Bring to a gentle simmer, then slowly pour in the whisked eggs. Allow to set for 10 seconds, then stir gently to create long silken strands.
3. Season the soup with the soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper.
4. Mix the cornflour with the water in a small bowl, then pour into the soup and stir well until thickened slightly.
5. Add the nori to the broth, followed by the tofu. Cook for another minute, then add the spinach and let it wilt slightly.
6. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and garnish with the sliced spring onions.
Rate This Recipe