- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 450 ml water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp corn oil
1. Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, until the water has evaporated and little craters appear on the surface of the rice.
3. Remove from the heat and leave it to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork or chopsticks.
4. Stir the egg and sesame oil together.
5. Heat the corn oil in a wok over a high heat.
6. Add the egg and sesame oil mixture.
7. Keep agitating the egg with chopsticks or a fork to ensure the mixture doesn't stick to the wok or burn.
8. Add the hot rice and fry quickly, mixing well. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe