- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr resting
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs, yolks, whole
- 15 g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100 g spinach leaves, freshly rinsed
- 100 ml double cream
- black pepper
- 12 scallops
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
- sprigs of chervil, to serve
For the pasta dough:
- 200 g strong bread flour
- 2 eggs, yolks
- A pinch of salt
- Half a tbsp olive oil
1. First make the pasta dough, Blend together the flour, yolks, salt and olive oil adding half a tablespoon of water to bind the mixture together. Knead together to make a smooth dough and set aside the pasta dough to rest for 1 hour.
2. Roll out the pasta dough finely and use a 12cm diameter circular cutter to cut out 8 ravioli sheets.
3. Lay a ravioli sheet each in 4 non-stick muffin tins. Carefully place an egg yolk in the centre of each pasta-lined tin. Brush the pasta edges with water and cover each yolk with the remaining pasta circles, pressing the edges together to seal well.
4. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Fry the shallots gently until softened, around 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, steam the spinach until tender. Add the spinach and double cream to the shallots and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the cream has thickened and reduced. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Heat a lightly oiled griddle pan until very hot. Sear the scallops briefly and slice each scallop in half.
7. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the ravioli and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
8. Meanwhile, spread the spinach cream mixture in 4 circles on 4 warm serving plates. Scatter the roasted red pepper over the spinach.
9. Arrange 6 scallop halves on each serving plate. Place the ravioli on the spinach and garnish with chervil. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe