- Serves: 12-15
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 6 hours cooling
- Effort: easy
- 12 eggs, separated
- 300 g caster sugar
- 700 ml rum
- 1.5 litres milk
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 500 ml double cream
- cinnamon sticks, to serve
1. In a large bowl and using a mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar for 10 minutes until the mixture is firm and the colour of butter. Slowly add the rum, a little at a time while mixing as you go.
2. Let the mixture cool in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Half an hour before your guests arrive, stir the milk into the chilled yolk mixture, as well as the ground nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the cream with a mixer on high speed until it forms stiff peaks. In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the cream.
4. Ladle into cups and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Recipe from Alexander and James.
Want to see more? Take a look at our collection of cocktail recipes.
Rate This Recipe