- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 260 g sugar
- 1 tsp glucose
- 100 ml water
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 12 prunes, soaked and squeezed
- 2 egg yolks
- 350 ml double cream
- ½ vanilla pods, slit lengthways
- 4 slices of brioche, each 1cm thick
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 4 sprigs mint
1. Place 100g sugar, glucose and water in a saucepan. Cook briskly until golden brown.
2. Add in the apple wedges and cook till nearly soft. Add the prunes and simmer for a further minute.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cream and remaining sugar. Scrape the contents of the vanilla pod into the egg mixture and mix well.
4. Dip the brioche slices into the egg mix.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add in the butter. Once it is frothing add the brioche slices and fry on both sides until golden brown.
6. Transfer the fried brioche onto four warm serving plates. Top with the apples and prunes, then some crème fraîche, garnish with mint and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe