- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes , plus 2 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 chicken thighs
For the marinade
- 5 cloves garlic, , peeled and grated
- 1 lemon, , juice only
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small handful flat leaf parsley, , finely chopped
- 1 small handful mint, , finely chopped
For the flatbread
- 500 strong plain flour, , sifted
- ½ salt
- olive oil, , for mixing
- water, , for mixing
For the yogurt sauce
- Greek yogurt
- ¼ cucumber, , finely chopped
- 1 handful mint, , chopped
- olive oil
1. For the marinade: mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl and add the chicken. Turn the pieces over to make sure they get well coated, cover the bowl with clingfilm and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. For the flatbread: in a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and then gradually start adding the olive oil and enough water to make a dough. Knead for 10 minutes smooth, then cover and set aside until ready to use.
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Take the chicken out of the marinade and reserve the liquid. Put the chicken on the griddle skin side down first and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Baste the chicken every so often with the marinade and turn the heat down if you find it is beginning to char too much on the outside before the meat is cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Divide the flatbread dough into portions and roll each ball into a thin round shape. Cook each dough round on both sides on a hot griddle until charred. Prick the dough with a fork if it starts to rise and bubble.
5. For the yogurt sauce: mix together the yogurt with the cucumber, mint, a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve, scatter the chicken with a little sea salt, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with the flatbread and yoghurt sauce
Rate This Recipe