- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 Seville orange
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- 110 g granulated unrefined sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 290 ml double cream
- 290 ml single cream
- 1 tsp orange flower water
- 2-3 drops sweet orange oil
1. Preheat oven to 170/gas 3.
2. Remove the rind from the orange with a swivel bladed potato peeler, making sure there is no pith on the inside.
3. Squeeze the juice and reserve.
4. Simmer the rind in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and place into a blender with the orange liqueur, reserved orange juice, sugar and egg yolks.
5. Whiz until the peel has been finely pulverised.
6. Pour the double and single creams into a saucepan and bring to scalding point.
7. Keep the motor running and pour the cream slowly and carefully into the blender.
8. Add the orange flower water and orange oil.
9. Ladle the custard into small ramekins and stand them in a roasting tin. Pour boiling water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until lightly set.
10. Remove the custards from the water and serve warm or chilled.
Rate This Recipe